Bluetooth has gained high popularity and due to this type of communication. The user can connect the headphones and watch the TV programs on the comfortable volume without the fear to wake somebody in the house up. Of course, modern TVs have inbuilt Bluetooth, but the outdated models have to be complemented with the best Bluetooth transmitter, which performs the following actions:
- Gets a signal.
- Adapts the signal to a special format for any Bluetooth receiver perceiving.
- Performs pairing (e.g. with headphones).
- Sends a signal through radio frequencies.
Its pairing process takes a few seconds. You can safely listen to music, watch movies, and not disturb the family with loud sounds.
The Bluetooth transmitter connection is easy because many units are equipped with non-detachable wiring and support connecting via a 3.5 mm. port. Just plug it into the TV jack and insert a flash drive into any USB port to power it. Here are the surveys of the decent models that are well-known in the world of Bluetooth technologies and greatly perform their direct function.
Bluetooth Transmitter Review
The Avantree Bluetooth transmitter is made of solid plastic that doesn’t have a smell. The fingerprints are almost invisible even on its glossy body frame. It has a universal connection method – optical digital Toslink, 3.5mm AUX, RCA, and USB. It supports the aptX Low Latency codec, which allows getting the decent synchronization (with almost unnoticeable delay) of video and audio sequences when watching TV or working with PC. Clearly visible status indicators make it possible to see when the device is in a pairing mode, when it is connected, and what type of codec is used. There are independent buttons for 2 devices controlling. The built-in volume control function can be used for many units that do not have their own faders. Pay attention that if you have two headphones connected to the transmitter, one with aptX support, and second with aptX Low Latency support, the transmitter goes into aptX transmission modes (the transmitting is performed via the slowest codec). When disconnecting the headphones, it automatically switches to Low Latency support (LL light comes on). This unit can be probably regarded as the best Bluetooth transmitter for a TV, as it quickly pairs with different brand TVs and works on Bluetooth 5.0, which has a Low Energy feature that is designed to reduce the power consumption of the peripheral device. There’s no inbuilt battery, as the power is supplied via the TV port or a USB cable.
- This product can be perceived as a USB soundcard.
- Its range is really good, as the signal remains unchanged up to 100 ft.
- The analog input is very sensitive to radio-frequency interference of different kinds. It plays music with a loud digital noise component that really annoys.
- If you decide to stream live music, the transmitter won’t be a good choice as the sound doesn’t reflect the realistic phonation.
The Avantree Oasis has a white body frame and its main controls are located on a blacked-out monochrome touch screen display (there you can also see the status of the lights). This Bluetooth transmitter for a TV is supplemented with a special aptX Low Latency version, tailored to the needs of gamers and moviegoers, also provides a minimum delay in signal delivery – which means watching a movie without lagging replicas from the facial expressions of characters. You have to be sure that the aptX codec is supported by both devices (sound source and headphones). The available Bypass mode is especially suitable for those TVs, which have only one optical output that is occupied by a soundbar or receiver. A simple switch is enough to toggle between the specified and Bluetooth modes. Pay attention that this unit does not require the battery, it is USB-powered.
- It can be paired with 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously without sound problems (delaying or signal loss).
- The device is compact and comes with all required cables and attachments that can be used while installation and usage process.
- This long-range Bluetooth transmitter can really work seamlessly on a distance up to 164 ft.
- The device is supplemented with the inbuilt speaker that loudly informs every time a new unit is connected. Such a feature distracts.
- The LEDs are really bright and it would be better if the brightness were dimmable.
Video Avantree Oasis
This transmitter is rather compact (7.5 x 5.2 x 2 inches), but its glossy surface is quickly fouled (moreover, the fingerprints and dust are greatly visible). The device is able to transmit signals up to 30 ft. In order to start the unit as a transmitter, use input and an audio cable with 3.5 mm. jack plugs. Press the button and keep it about 5 seconds. The blue LED will flash rapidly (after turning on) and when the pairing will end, the blue LED will flash less often. The Avantree Bluetooth audio transmitter has a Plug and Play feature that allows device pairing in a few seconds. The next time you turn on the headphones, you do not need to pair them again, the sound will appear immediately. FastStream technology makes it possible to enjoy the sound delay absence even while gaming. There’s a possibility to perform the simultaneous connection of two Bluetooth headphones or two Bluetooth speakers.
- Its battery lasts up to 15-20 hours.
- When stationary using the transmitter, it is not necessary to disconnect it. The device can be turned on continuously.
- The unit is compatible with various TV models, as it supports optical, AUX, and RCA Audio output without the need to use extra wires.
- The device doesn’t have enough loudness.
- Its body frame is made of fragile plastic and all the scratches are visible on the surface.
The specified Bluetooth transmitter and receiver is made of black firm plastic, has a solid assembly, and small glossy surface, so some small aesthetical malfunctions are not really visible and don’t spoil the design. This unit can be used for the simultaneous connection of two devices. There’s no battery at all, as it’s powered by USB cable. The unit’s LED indicators simplify the possibility to monitor the working status of the unit, as everything is visible. Even when the TV is complemented with only one optical port, you can seamlessly connect the transmitter/soundbar and perform the sound streaming to your headphones (Bypass mode). This peculiarity is good, but sometimes, when both headset and soundbar are used, I can hear a little echo in the background. Such a feature supports even the independent unit volume control that is confident for constant use. It comes with an extra physical antenna, so the proven range (while testing with the headphones) reaches the 164 ft. I really like the onboard volume adjust function that is important for those devices, which are not amended by their personal volume controllers.
- The adjusting process is fraught with voice prompts, so it takes a few seconds.
- This Bluetooth transmitter has a Qualcomm aptX HD Audio feature, so the audio quality is really clear and vivid.
- While using the aptX Low Latency device, you’ll enjoy the 40 ms delay that is a good indicator.
- It is hard to achieve signal at a full range (164 ft), as when there’s a no line of sight signal, the available distance reduces to 60 ft.
- Make sure that the transmitting unit works at full volume; otherwise, you’ll hear the background noise.
The unit is able to transmit the signal on a serious distance (164 ft) and other enabled devices don’t become hindrances to the BT-BA002. Typically, you have to put such a device behind something in order to hide it, but the Boltune product has a black glossy body frame, bright LEDs that are visible even on a sunny day and the compact size (1.2 x 3.5 x 5.1 inches). So there’s no need to hide it, as it won’t distract or spoil the interior. No battery makes this Bluetooth transmitter for headphones a useful option for home use. You don’t have to worry about the charge level and waste time on connecting as it’s always is turned on. It can work with two headphones at the same time and the pairing is provided in a few minutes without special efforts (everything is performed by the transmitter; you just have to turn both devices on).
- It wirelessly streams 24-bit music, so the quality of the sound is realistic and canorous.
- There’s no auto shut off and I don’t have to reboot the device every time when I pause the program or movie.
- The aptX Low Latency really eliminates the lip-sync delay.
- The endeavor to turn the HD mode on leads to the screen flickering.
- The unit’s volume is rather quiet, so you might not hear the whisperings.
This Bluetooth transmitter for a car is compact (5.5 x 5.5 x 2.3 inches), has a bright display, and solid assembly quality, as all ports work seamlessly. Moreover, it has a handset displayed on the central volume control, which indicates that the device is completed by the in-built microphone. It takes a few seconds to pair devices and the unit performs an auto search of available stations. This Bluetooth FM transmitter is equipped with three USB ports, which allow you to charge up a few gadgets at the same time. For example, you can power the dashboard camera from the first port and the second one can take care of replenishing the energy reserves in your smartphone. At the same time, one of the ports supports fast charging with current up to 2.4A to save your time. You don’t have to worry about the battery draining, as it’s just not required. Just plug the device into the lighter and enjoy its usage. Perhaps, the VicTsing BH346A isn’t the best Bluetooth transmitter for a car, but this product is worth your attention due to the ability to adjust the volume level with simple movements. For these purposes, a convenient rotary knob is used, which is also perceived as playback control. Tracks can be played both sequentially and in random order, including those ones that are in folders. The transmitter reads Micro-SDs and flash drives and this feature is especially useful for music lovers.
- It takes only 35 minutes to fully charge the transmitter (due to the special QC3.0 Quick Charge system).
- 1.8” LCD screen is bright, large, and all the inscriptions are visible even under the bright sun.
- You can simply power off the device by pressing the power button for a while (there’s no need to unplug it).
- There are five EQ modes, but they are available only while the U-disk or TF card is plugged.
- I can hear some sound distortion while listening to the radio at max volume.
Video VicTsing BH346A
I relay like that Taotronics bluetooth transmitter supports both 3.5mm and optical input/output, as all of them work seamlessly. It has really small dimensions (2.4 x 2.4 x 0.8 inches) and despite being made of plastic, its assembly quality is solid as (there are no creaks, the plastic is thick, and fingerprints are almost not visible). It has the ability to connect two devices at the same time without trading quality for quantity. The inbuilt battery enables up to 15 hours of use. It supports the simultaneous charging, streaming, and automatically connects to available paired units. The device can be easily mounted on the wall via an extendable arm and all the wires are almost imperceptible. Probably, this unit may not be regarded as the best Bluetooth transmitter by some users, as the LEDs on it are always illuminated and it may be somewhat irritating, especially, when the TT-BA09 is placed in the bedroom.
- The device is powered by the new Bluetooth 5.0 and supports the work with previous versions.
- It has an optical cable connection for high-quality digital sound getting.
- The TaoTronics TT-BA09 has lots of connections, and you can even plug in the TV with the help of AUX/ RCA audio out.
- It’s able to support units on a 30 ft distance that is much smaller than other modern transmitters can propose.
- When the TaoTronics is connected to the guitar amp and paired with my Bluetooth headphones, it’s hard to play the instrument, as the delay time is 2-3 seconds.
The Trond BT-DUO II is fully made of black solid matte plastic, so it can be placed next to the TV and won’t spoil the interior in the room (its dimensions are 2.6 x 2.1 x 0.7 inches). You can connect this Bluetooth music transmitter to speakers, headsets, Hi-Fi systems, or other audio devices via 3.5mm AUX port, or RCA audio port (the device comes with the RCA to Bluetooth transmitter adapter). The advanced Bluetooth 4.1 technology not only provides a stable connection and high-quality sound but also makes this USB Bluetooth transmitter widely compatible with various units. It’s complemented with an aptX Low Latency codec that works seamlessly only when both paired devices support such a feature.
- While the RX mode activating, the device will be powered off by itself within 10 minutes of passiveness.
- The possibility to use both a 3.5 mm AUX cable and TOSLINK cable is great, the last one provides the user with more clear sound (comparing with the 3.5 mm jack).
- Its working time is 20 hours (the battery capacity is good (500mAh) and it takes 2-3 hours for full charge).
- Its transmitting range is not really big (only 33 ft), so it might not be useful for locating on big distances.
- This unit does not process the Dolby Digital Surround-EX.
This Bluetooth audio transmitter for a TV achieves a range of up to 80 –110 ft but Wi-Fi routers and other devices can negatively influence it. It has a simple box-shaped design with a combination of glossy and matte finish; plastic body frame is greatly fixed due to the rubber feet. The unit works safely with facilities that are amended by the optical, AUX, and even RCA audio jacks. Pay attention, while the headphones connecting, the transmitter requires a few attempts, as it refuses to pair with the audio accessory at the first try. After rebooting, the connection is performed without problems. It takes 1 second to connect the stereo speakers. Sound quality, the stability of the audio stream, and low sound delay technology give an undeniable advantage over many other analogs.
- The sound quality remains unchanged even when the volume increasing.
- It supports the well-known aptX Low Latency feature that provides the “CD-like” sound quality and reduces the time required to transfer and decompress data to 32ms.
- Dual pairing allows a few devices connecting at the same time without the quality loss.
- When you turn this device off via the power button, it turns itself on later.
- It freezes from time to time and requires rebooting.
Video Nulaxy BR04
Main Features of Bluetooth Transmitter
To date, Bluetooth is the most common and widespread way of transmitting data and audio signals through radio waves over short distances. Phones, tablets, laptops, many TVs, and modern audio systems include Bluetooth modules, so a transmitter becomes an indispensable adjunct as it helps get rid of the wires and cables connecting the source and receiver of data or sound.
The easiest way to share files between devices is to use the capabilities of Bluetooth synchronization. The advantage of this method is that you do not need to install additional utilities for data transfer or use a USB cable. It is enough to make a little adjustment in the gadget menu. After a few seconds, the file will be copied to the laptop or a PC. The main thing is that they have to be equipped with a required module or Bluetooth adapter.
A Bluetooth device can become a great solution for data tethering from one unit to another. It’s suitable for a hotspot creating or Wi-Fi connectivity performing. When your facility is Bluetooth-enabled, it’s able to provide a rapid opportunity to plug in your notebook to the Internet. The Bluetooth utilization helps save the battery of the smartphone. The tethering can be easily configured on most Android and iPhone devices currently available on the market.
It’s easy to pair the transmitter with the speakers (via the Bluetooth) and even easier to connect the speakers with music player, smartphone, TV, or even PC. Such a feature is especially useful when the units are not flanked with the inbuilt Bluetooth. Pay attention that when the transmitter is complemented with the Bluetooth 5.0, such a feature allows you to simultaneously play sound on two connected devices. In other words, you can have two pairs of wireless headphones connected to your device, and it simultaneously transmits sound to both of them via standard Bluetooth. Moreover, you can play audio on two different speakers in different rooms.
Before a Bluetooth transmitter choosing, it’s important to decide on the necessary transmission range because if the device itself is going to be located far from, for example, the TV, and its range is small, the sound will be intermittent and fuzzy. The transmitters basically are grouped into two classes. The first one supports the range of up to 330 ft. (+/-), while the second one – up to 33 ft (+/-). The Class 1 devices are suitable for small apartments or those rooms, where all the required units are located in one place. The Class 1 products are much better but only in a case of obstacles, which block the line of sight, absence.
The most decent choice is the transmitter that is able to work with more than one device. Modern Bluetooth units can be paired with tablets, smartphones, headsets, TVs, keyboards, and wireless mice. The only specific moment is that the pairing with each of the mentioned facilities requires the becoming settings (usually, the adjusting procedure takes a few minutes or even seconds).
Despite being the versatile device, the transmitter has to be paired with devices using various operating systems. It should be able to function both with PC and laptops, which work on Windows (old and new versions) and Mac. Otherwise, the owner has to purchase additional adapters for each system. That’s not just uncomfortable but also requires additional finance charges.