As you know, sitting for a long time, excessive stress on the body, or poor posture can cause a painful feeling in the muscles. You can choose the best massage gun for you in order to get rid of these issues, as it really works out problem areas well and perfectly relaxes the clogged muscles. Let’s consider the advantages you can get by having this device:
- Saving money on a periodic massage. If your muscles are often clogged and are in tension, you will have to use the massage services, as it is really useful for muscles relaxing and restoring. With the help of a specified gun, you can massage yourself or ask a family member to do this even at home.
- Mobility and the ability to do massage almost anywhere. Since the device is small, it fits easily into a backpack. You can use it in any hotel, train, in the passenger seat of a car, or in the workplace.
- Its healing effect is really good. The impulse and frequency of the blow that the gun creates breaks and relaxes the tense muscles. You will feel the effect immediately, as well as after the usual manual massage.
- Different types of massage. Depending on the intensity (frequency) of the shock and the type of heads, you can choose a comfortable and effective massage for yourself. As a rule, several heads come with a massage gun.
Check out the following massage gun reviews, which contain the pros and cons, and demonstrate the impressions from the unit’s usage in practice.
Massage Gun Reviews
This portable massage gun is compact (10 x 5 x 1.5 inches) and can be used one-handed. Its body frame is made of glass fiber and nylon, so it won’t crack down even after falling from 6.6ft high. The percussion device has 3 levels (the first one proposes the 1800 RPM), but there’s no considerable difference between the second (2400 RPM) and third (3200 RPM) level in the context of sensational perception. Its high-torque motor is fully brushless, so it produces a low noise while working (35 dB – 55 dB). I like that the Opove massage gun comes with the rechargeable battery that is able to provide the device with power for 3 hours. If the gun is turned on and is not used within 10 minutes, it will be turned off automatically. Its weight is only 2.2 pounds, so users of all ages can exploit it at different angles. Probably, this machine may be regarded by some users as the best muscle massager gun, but it’s hard to perform the massage on the upper part of the back due to the risk of being pinched by the unit.
- The unit comes with the case and 4 perfectly fitting heads.
- Its amplitude is 12mm that is enough to decrease soreness and improve the recovery.
- The assembly quality is solid as there are no plastic parts that have a bad smell being fragile.
- It slows down when putting pressure on it while massage performing.
- The manual doesn’t contain much information and doesn’t provide the user with safe massage rules.
Video Opove M3 Pro
The specified muscle massager gun is made of nylon and fiberglass and has the black body frame, so even small scratches and some spots are not visible on it. Pay attention that its RPM is the same as the Opove M3 Pro has. This device works for nearly 2.5 – 3 hours, depending on the speed with which you perform the massage. In fact, the average session of the usual massage takes about 1 hour, so the 3 hours of continuous operation is a very good indicator because this is quite enough for several sessions. Its full charge ranges from 1 to 3 hours. If the device is charging, it will not work in massage mode at that moment. You need to wait a while until the gun is fully charged in order to start its exploitation. It’s hard to call the Opove Pro Black the best percussion massage gun, but this machine is portable and lightweight (2.2 pounds).
- All the four heads are made of pleasant-to-touch material and some of them are narrowly focused.
- 20 minutes of charging is enough to perform a 20-30 minutes massage session (on a first level) and then continue the charging process if need.
- Sometimes the vibration slows down and I have to reboot the device to make it work properly.
This deep muscle massager gun belongs to the percussion type and is complemented with a rechargeable battery that works during 3-6 hours (depending on the load level of the usage). The assembly construction is really good as there are no cracks and the body frame contains only one button for controlling the intensity level. It works relatively quiet (55 dB – 75 dB) and doesn’t create an unpleasant and loud vibration noise. Pay attention that the LifePro Sonic amplitude is 12mm that positively influences the massage process and doesn’t create unpleasant feelings. Five levels of intensity (1200 – 2800 RPM) are designed to cope with any muscle massage (they provide the enhanced or standard stimulation). The LifePro Sonic might probably belong to the best massage guns, but its weight is 3.65 pounds and it’s hard to keep it more than a few minutes in the same hand.
- 5 massage heads are made of special soft material and allow you to act on various muscle groups and joints.
- There’s an LED screen on the front part of the device, which demonstrates the charge level (it’s better to recharge it after reaching 20%).
- The manufacturer provides the muscle gun with free access to the online library with useful video materials.
- You can’t use the device while charging (even if the battery isn’t fully dead).
- The plastic connection between the head and the unit itself looks unreliable (it’s soft) and I can feel a smell of melted plastic while the gun usage.
Video LifePro Sonic
The percussion massager gun uses a hitting therapy method that combines a specific amplitude, vibration frequency, and 1200-3180 RPM. This is achieved due to the effect on the inner layers of the tendons, muscle tissue, and fascia, which do not cause pain. The massager is made in an ergonomic shape in the form of a pistol. It fits comfortably in the thenar but weighs 4.05 pounds, so the hand really gets tired after some time. There are 4 heads in the kit, for influencing certain muscle groups of the legs, buttocks, back, chest, wrists, and ankles. The optimal duration of the session is 15 minutes, so the device will automatically turn off after reaching the time limit (in order to avoid excessive massaging). Despite being so powerful device, its noise level doesn’t exceed 60 dB.
- Special LCD touch-screen can be used for controlling the unit (you can change the speed and know the remaining power).
- It works from the inbuilt battery and can be exploited at least 5-8 hours.
- The heat dissipation feature shields the device from overheating.
- It takes 4 hours to fully charge the massager gun that is relatively long.
- It comes with a low-quality case, as this accessory has protruding threads and strange spots.
Video Gocheer RDV001
This deep tissue massage gun belongs to the vibration type and has 6 massage heads that can be used for the whole body. Ergonomic design, as well as a special, non-slip surface, and small dimensions make the massage gun a good tool that is easy to take with you. The massager is equipped with a capacious and reliable battery, which is enough for 5 continuous working hours without recharging (it requires 3 hours for full charging). 30 speed levels create the condition for reaching the 3300 RPM. Even while using it on a maximum RPM, there’s no negative influence on the bones. Moreover, the device can boast a very quiet, almost silent operation (35 dB – 55 dB), making it convenient to use it both at home or in the public place. There’s an LCD screen where you can choose the strength setting from 1 to 30. All the data is reflected clearly and bright enough. Its weight (3.6 pounds) isn’t small enough to use one-handed, so it might be hard for some person to operate it without assistance.
- A quick charge cord comes with the device that makes the charging process agile and simple.
- It comes in its own carrying case.
- The display lens is popping out, so I have to use glue to put it on its place.
- It has two buttons (On and Off), and their location isn’t comfortable as I occasionally accidentally press the Off button.
The percussion Hypervolt massage gun has 6 adjustable speed options and the 1-2 level fits the muscle awakening, while the 5-6 is a good choice for a deep massage that relieves the tension of the body, eliminates fatigue, and allows you to restore strength after training. Its design is classic for such a type of massage gun, but I can see all the small scratches on its silver body frame. The LCD screen that comes with the device is compact and shows the information almost seamlessly. A long-lasting battery makes it possible to use the gun for two hours. It’s important to note in this Hypervolt review that the charging takes 3 hours and it’s better not to interrupt this process, otherwise, the device won’t take the charge on a full scale. The low-level noise (45 dB) won’t cause a headache while using. Pay attention that its RPM range varies from 1200 to 3300. The manufacturer supplemented the device with 4 heads, made of hypoallergenic medium-hard material. In addition to this Hypervolt review, it’s better to note that the gun comes with the informative manual and presentable bag for storage. There are no exact indicators regarding the amplitude, but it will certainly be easy for the user to choose the appropriate option. Its shipping weight is 4.7 pounds that is comparatively much.
- The system contains the short-circuit security, so even in a case of some injuries and breakage, the PretiHom product will just stop working and won’t flame up.
- It’s really good to see the thermal ventilation feature that allows the device not to overheat and stay cool down in hands even after continuous usage.
- The LCD screen is glossy and all the fingerprints are greatly visible on it.
- Sometimes the gun stops working, so I have to reboot it and wait 10-20 seconds before turning it on again.
The percussion gun massager has a solid assembly quality because even after falling from the 6.6ft high, there are no scratches or cracks on the body frame and everything works fine. It has 30 speed levels and the highest can reach the 3300 RPM. The lowest ones are good to warm up muscles, while the last ones can be perceived as a real medical treatment. Consider that with a weak device, you can’t get to the sore spot because when you press a little harder the hammer in the unit stops. The Sudilo Handheld doesn’t have such a problem because even if you press really hard, the massager does not stop working and allows reaching the required spot on the body (the hammer rotates, it can be fixed in 4 positions). This muscle massager gun battery is able to work for 6 hours that is quite long. The high-torque motor works untroubled, as its noise reaches 35 dB – 55 dB. The unit’s shipping weight (3.7 pounds) doesn’t fit for a long time usage as the wrist becomes very tired.
- There are 6 massage heads for relaxing and for muscle therapy.
- The soft damping head for areas around bones and sensitive areas comes with the device.
- Its amplitude is nearly 10-12mm and is enough to fully feel the hits and achieve muscle relaxation.
- The vibration is felt throughout the whole arm that is not really pleasant moment.
- The LCD display is complemented with blue inscriptions, some parts of which disappear from time to time.
The vibration massage gun has a modern design with a 15-degree tilted handle that makes it convenient to hold in hand. The silicone base allows the device does not fall out of hand even in case of palm sweating. It can reach the 3200 RPM (maximum) that is one of the highest indexes, which demonstrates that the device belongs to the percussion units. 4 massage heads are enough to take care of all the muscles (all the heads are made of hypoallergenic material and are solid). I really like that Wasagun Professional is complemented with the 10 min. intelligent protection that allows the device to stop working automatically in a case of short-time passiveness. Its noise level (65 dB) isn’t phenomenal, but this device doesn’t produce loud annoying sounds, and its vibration is barely felt on the handle. The high weight of the device (4.35 pounds) ensures that it is not really convenient not only to hold it in your hand but also to wield it throughout the entire massage session.
- The body frame is waterproof, so it can be easily used even in the shower.
- Its amplitude isn’t wide and it’s easy to choose the corresponding level, so it can be exploited even in the office at the end of the working day.
- The battery can work for 4 hours after the full charge and the LED indicator demonstrates the power consumption in real-time.
- The connections between the heads and the device itself are not reliable as some small elements are simply dropping down.
- The light color of the body frame (grey) isn’t practical as some fingerprints and other small traces of usage are noticeable.
Video Wasagun Professional
Some users may call this percussion unit, probably, the best massage gun due to its 2 batteries and fast charging (1 hour), but there are some controversial moments. Each battery can work during 1-2 hours, moreover, it’s better to use them one by one (charge in turn). The Exerscribe has 6 speed levels and 500-2400 RPM, that is a decent indicator. At the same time, its noise level isn’t that low as it produces 60-80 dB that might be not pleasant and irritating for some owners. Its weight is 3.53 pounds and some owners may find it hard to keep it in one hand and move throughout the body.
- Its amplitude is 16mm that allows enjoying the vibration and even getting the effect of percussion.
- The unit’s design isn’t standard, as it can be held with both hands (there are special handlings) and improves the pressure on the used massage head.
- It contains only 3 massage heads, while other models have at least 4.
- Its pressure is too high even at the lowest level, so it may be perceived as too much for some users.
The ergonomic vibration Pleno M5.0 massager allows you to get rid of the pain by yourself, without the help of a specialist. It’s made of fiber and nylon, and the construction is standard, but the combination of silver and black colors helps make accents on buttons and reduce the visibility of usage traces. It is equipped with 9 levels of speed, due to which you can initially choose lower frequencies for heating especially sensitive muscle zones. 5 massage heads are able to reduce total muscle pain and stiffness. As the unit has a noise reduction technology, it works much quieter than the previous models (the Pleno M3.0 is able to produce a noise of 80 dB max). The battery lives 3 hours, while the charging process takes 1.5 hours that is an average indicator. Its maximum is 2600 RPM that’s enough to improve the range of muscle movements, to accelerate warming up and recovery, as well as to reduce the risk of injuries in the future.
- There’s a gear memory that saves the latest gear and the next turning on will start from this one.
- The silicone protective handle helps avoid hand slipping.
- Its amplitude can vary, so it’s easy to choose the decent variant for muscle relaxation.
- The softest round massage head contains some holes and is too soft.
- Comparing to other devices, this one is too heavy (4.41 pounds).
Video Pleno M5.0
The following Theragun review is devoted to the G3PRO model that works without recharging 60% longer. This percussion device is easy and convenient, in part due to an improved design (it is smooth and compact with a comfortable large handle). It has a powerful engine, the noise of which was reduced by almost two times. Also, the new version provides 2 speed modes: standard – 2400 RPM and light one – 1750 RPM, designed for sensitive areas. This device works from a rechargeable battery that can work for 75 minutes. The unit comes with 2 such batteries, which increase the duration of therapy twice. It’s hard to call the device one of the lightest (2.9 pounds), as it might be hard to keep it in one hand during the massage session.
- The Theragun G3 gently and deeply affects muscles, does not cause pain, prevents muscle cramps, destroys scar tissue, improves blood circulation, and reduces fatigue.
- A travel case and a small bag for accessories are sent to the user together with the massager.
- The amplitude is 16mm that creates the condition for deeper influence on muscles.
- The unit’s wedge-shaped heads for shoulder-blade area are too hard for such a sensitive zone and even usage with on the lowest level is painful.
- I definitely can’t call the Theragun one of the quietest guns among our reviews as it produces 70-75 dB that is really much.
The Most Important Features in a Massage Gun
A massage gun uses the power of pressure and repetition to perform the deep massage of your body. It creates a quick, direct, and swift boost to the required area to solve tissue problems and shorten recovery time. This is a deep tissue massage that you can make on your own to relieve muscle tension and eliminate imbalances in your body.
Its use contributes to
- Destruction of lactic acid and scar tissue;
- Shorter muscle recovery time;
- Improving blood circulation in problem areas;
- Increasing of motion range;
- Improving muscle elasticity;
- Targeted pain and muscle pain relief;
- Decreasing of cortisol levels and mood improving;
- Low back and knee pain relief.
The fork massage head is used to work out the muscles near the neck, Achilles muscles, and the quadriceps muscle of the thigh (front of the legs). The spiral-shaped head is designed for narrowly targeted, point impact on the feet, scalp, calf muscles. The flat head is for wider use – to eliminate overvoltage in large muscle groups: on the legs, back, and chest. The ball one usually is the most used head because it’s equally suitable for working out small and large muscle groups.
Amplitude is a maximum rate of pumping or vibration, measured from the balanced position. High amplitude signalizes that the head can travel further and the gun is able to hit deeper. Units with a really high amplitude (neatly 16mm) belong to the percussion type. Instead of flexing the muscles with simple vibrations, they deeply work out the soft tissues with powerful vibrating pulsations.
Despite the widespread point of view that the speed determines the intensity of the massage, units with high stroke length (amplitude) can be really intensive even while working at a low speed. The device that is exploited at 2400 RPM can demonstrate more intense results than a less powerful model that is utilized at 3200 RPM. Pay attention that stall force/torque also has to be taken into account. If the device has a high stroke length but low stall force, it won’t be able to hit deeply and reduce stress, pain, and tissue tension to improve recovery, circulation, and range of motion.
Such units are widely used by those people who are physically active as it’s able to penetrate deeply, affecting several layers of the fascia, which accelerates the output process of muscle decay products after training. Sportsmen have high pain tolerance; while ordinary people may find the unit with such high amplitude too harsh, so perhaps, they should choose softer vibration massagers.
In order to make the right choice, it’s better to try both types, compare them and give preference to the most acceptable device. Don’t forget that guns with high amplitude are able to provide the user with deeper hits than the ones with low amplitude.
Revolutions per Minute
RPM means the number of revolutions (hits) per 60 seconds. High speed specifies the intensity of the massage gun’s work, so many vibration units have rather low criteria (starting from the 1200 RPM), while those ones, which belong to the percussion type can reach the 3300 RPM. Here’s the same situation as with the stroke length, as it’s impossible to choose the variant that will be decent for everyone. It’s better to have a gun with various settings, starting from 1200 RPM and reaching the highest level. The low one is suitable for muscles heating or for sensitive people. Higher levels will be useful for users with stiff muscles or the ones who have deep tight knots.